Envisioning an educational system that is inclusive of children with disabilities, Secretary of Education, Brother Armin Luistro, FSC spearheaded a Stakeholders’ Conference for a 5-year Strategic Plan for the Education of Children with Disabilities at the Asian Institute of Management. Here, our director Mr. Abelardo Apollo I. David, Jr., was invited as a delegate and resource person. On December 11, 2013, the resulting draft of the strategic plan was presented to various stakeholders from the CWD and education sectors for feedback before it is finalized. Mainstreaming and inclusion protocols of Project TEACH, a community-based rehabilitation and education program headed by Mr. David was handed personally by him to Sec. Luistro as a possible template to be used in public schools nationwide. The said protocols aim to help adequately prepare children with learning difficulties be integrated in a regular classroom setting.
Sir Archie Presents Mainstreaming and Inclusion Protocols to DepEd Secretary Bro. Armin
Latest from APDM Philippines
- Our APDM Experience by Mrs. Leilani Naguit, mother of Lyle
- Our APDM Experience by Mrs. Abigail Tirazona, mother of David Sam & David Symoune Tirazona
- Our APDM Experience by Mrs. Mayreen Fos, mother of Trisha Mayelle Z. Fos
- Our APDM Experience by Mrs. Cindy Gonzaga-Ramil, mother of Ben
- Our APDM Experience by Mrs. Edna Mendaro, mother of Mark